Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Apologies for the silence (why does that sound familiar?!). I have flown some 5000+ miles down to South Africa where my father has just had surgery on his leg. So (being a portably employed person) here I am in the warmth and sunshine being his arms and legs for a few weeks, until he becomes a little more mobile. The sunshine is glorious - I can even feel my toes burning when hanging out the washing! - but a serious downside is the speed (or should I say incredible slowness) of the internet connection, 10-15 seconds minimum in uploading pages...

The upside, however, is temperatures in the 30s Celsius, and great quality time spent with the parents, oh yes and I should mention the fruit - divine - ripened on the plant rather than picked green and shipped thousands of miles in cold storage, juicy sweet mangoes, pawpaws (papayas), litchies...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had an internet connection a bit like yours for the past couple of days, Equiano, very frustrating.

However, for sun read snow == you are missing quite a covering. I have to say the sun sounds more attractive to me right now.

7:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK. I was beginning to get worried. Enjoy the sun; it's snowing here!

10:28 am  
Blogger equiano said...

Maxine and Ann - I have arrived back to no snow, but lots of snowdrops in the garden (recently planted while I was away), so there are some compensations. I do miss the sunshine - it was 34C (again!) the day I left South Africa. Sigh.

9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home