Thursday, August 10, 2006

Apologies for the silence - it has been a momentous few months.

After lovely travels criss-crossing the north-eastern USA visiting old friends, attending weddings and relaxing (thank you to all of you we managed to see, and promises of "next time" to everyone else!). We returned home to find that we were expecting a baby. If we were David and Victoria Beckham, the child would have been called "Manhattan", luckily we're not. Also, for anyone who has ever wondered about morning sickness, allow me to assure you that there is no such thing - it should be more aptly named morning-noon-and-night sickness!

Sadly, a couple of weeks ago, I miscarried. There's not much to say really, except that I also nearly died and had to have a rather large blood transfusion. If you've never given blood - do. If you do give blood already, all I can say is that while you will never know the stories of those who receive your blood, they are extremely grateful. Not a day goes by that I don't think of the folks who gave blood for me and I am deeply thankful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maxine Clarke said...

So sorry to read this news. My sympathies to you.
Maxine.

7:53 pm  
Blogger equiano said...

Thank you Maxine. It has surprised me to discover just how many people have also had miscarriages. Although all terribly sad, it has been comforting to have so much support and not feel so alone. Grief of course is another matter...this too will pass!

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home