Saturday, April 07, 2007

The IMPAC/Dublin Literary Award 2007 shortlist has been announced, whittled down from 138 novels (12 in translation) nominated by 169 libraries from around the world:

ARTHUR & GEORGE by Julian Barnes
A LONG LONG WAY by Sebastian Barry
SLOW MAN by J.M. Coetzee
EXTREMELY LOUD & INCREDIBLY CLOSE by Jonathan Safran Foer
THE SHORT DAY DYING by Peter Hobbs
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN by Cormac McCarthy
OUT STEALING HORSES by Per Petterson
SHALIMAR THE CLOWN by Salman Rushdie

Oh lordy - as usual I haven't read any of them, although the Coetzee, Hobbs and Rushdie are in my "To Be Read" pile!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger kimbofo said...

This looks like a great list. I love love love "A Long Long Way" and quite enjoyed the Safran Foer book and the Per Petterson one. Will be interesting to see who wins.

12:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, that was me -- kimbofo. How on earth my user name became Stuff I do not know!

12:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved 'Arthur and George' which is the only one of read and a friend whose opinion I really value was equally enthusiastic about 'A Long Long Way'. I must put that on the TBR list.

8:36 am  
Blogger equiano said...

The quirks of blogger - "stuff" is a new one!

With such high recommendations from both of you, I guess I should search out A LONG,LONG WAY!

8:22 am  
Blogger equiano said...

Ah, the glories of Bookmooch - I have just mooched A LONG, LONG WAY. Will let you know what I think.

8:46 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

I can't say enough good things about Sebastian Barry's "A Long, Long Way". It is a must-read and, in my opinion, a must-win!

12:56 am  
Blogger equiano said...

Wow, so many great things felt about Barry's book! My bookmooched copy arrived in absolutely perfect condition (has a lovely dustjacket), so I must just stop admiring it now and get on with the reading! The world wars seem to keep croppig up in my reading of late - strange,that.

7:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home