Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Events in London this weekend for anyone in easy reach of the city:

Saturday 9th December - a literary blogmoot and book launch at the independent bookshop The Bookseller Crow. The author Debi Alper has been driving this event, so do visit her blog for additional info.

Friday 8th - Sunday 10th December - If you are looking for great seasonal gifts, the annual Fair Trade Fair is this weekend. On Friday I will be manning the Africa Book Centre stall at the fair, so do pop by to say hi if you attend.

Thursday 7th - Sunday 10th December - The fairly traded and organic clothing company People Tree is having a sample and stock sale this weekend too (more details here). While some of their range is a little too trendy for trad. (boring?) me, their basics are great, I've had beautifully finely handwoven work shirts from them, their bedding is luxuriously warm and toasty and their baby clothes with cute soft toys are charming for newborns.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't come across People Tree. Which variation of Sod's Law is it that dictates that whatever it is I really like in the clothes line is never available in my size?

5:11 pm  
Blogger Debi said...

Thanks for the plug, Equiano. Sorry you can't make it but hope you have a wonderful time at your own celebrations.

I have the strogest feeling we're going to meet up some day ...

10:29 am  
Blogger Debi said...

bah - that's strong not strog ...

10:29 am  
Blogger equiano said...

Ann - this happens to me so often that I only buy clothes when I absolutely have to (more money for books!).

One thing I will say about People Tree is that they get a good range in and send out a catalogue when the new season's range arrives. If you're on their mailing list you'll get the catalogue in advance and can place orders straight away so your size will definitely be there. The current season's range has already been out for some time hence the prob with your size, is my guess.

I bought some lovely baby outfits and very cute little bunny rabbit toys from them at the Fair Trade fair on Friday - lovely Christmas presents.

Debi - I strongly suspect you're right :) Hope the blogmoot was wonderful.

9:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home